September 21, 2011

Shimano PRO PU Tape

I did a bar/stem swap out on Ryan's bike today, and the tape he wanted was the Shimano PRO PU tape.  It had all these fancy marketing bits on the packaging so i was a bit skeptical.  After the job was done, I must say its pretty cool stuff.  Personally, Im a fan of the polyurethane stuff, as I dont wear gloves and I sweat quite a bit.  That being said, this tape is perfect for that as the PU gets tacky when wet.  As for the wrapping aspects, its pretty spot on.  There's plenty of stretch, and length to make the wrap smooth and to do the "double x" around the shifter(which i prefer when possible, I dont like the cheater pieces they send with tape).  It also says its "rewrap friendly" so we'll see if thats true when I switch out the cables/housing in a couple weeks. 

This is what you want to look/ask for at your local LBS

theres a bit of underwrap from the shifter as he sits there mostly and likes extra cushion

the finished product, new bars/stem/wrap. the bar end plugs are nice little bits as well



No comments:

Post a Comment