October 15, 2011

I Aint Got No Shame...Get Biscuits!

Anyone who knows me, knows that when i like something, I really REALLY like it, and more often than not will let everyone I come across know about it as well.  Ive become friendly with the owner of a local breakfast nook in Denver.  His name is Seth Rubin, and he's the owner of Rise and Shine Biscuit Kitchen.  He's also a cyclist, CAT 1 here in the state of Colorado, and a fellow transplant from North Carolina.

This morning Seth and I went out for a slow ride, which is funny, cuz I'm about 35lbs over my fighting weight, and he's fast as shite.  The beauty of riding with someone at that level, as has been my experience more often than not, is that they're not out to start "waving their dick" at the drop of a hat.  They're not out to crush a guy like me simply cuz they can, instead they know the opposite is true.  Just riding to ride is a great thing.  So, point number 1, go ride with people way faster than yourself cuz its fun, and it pushes you more than you realize.  Honestly, I'm pooped from the ride!

The main point of this was to tell all you folks out there in the world of the "ether", twitter, and blog-o-sphere, about his businesses!  That's right, plural.  He started the biscuit cafe in Crestmoor(3rd and Holly) and its done awesome.  This morning there was a line out the door!  The second location is up in the Highlands 'Hood on 32nd Ave and Perry St.  He shares both spaces with Basil Docs, a local pizza chain...which rocks BTW!

Anywho...I digress.  He does standard buttermilk biscuits daily and then a Biscuit of The Day, BOD for short.  There's a calendar up on his website that you can download to your Google Calendar, if you're a Google-phile.  You can follow him on Twitter too, @riseandshineden, which will give you daily updates for the BOD and he actually responds to people!  He does the Facebook Page thing as well.

All that being said, I'm not sure if this came off as a total promotion, but I figured Seth deserves it.  Great product, fair price, great guy, great people, great coffee(oh yeah, he serves Pablos! Best stuff in town...IMHO), and killer biscuits.

Go get your biscuit on people!

Boots out...

No comments:

Post a Comment