March 5, 2012

Day 65...It Hurts...Not So Good

Well, the ball has started to roll.  Today was the first official day of getting back on the bike.  Ive been off the bike for 6mos now.  Id lost that need to ride, which in turn led to a loss of the desire to throw a leg on the bike.  Its a long story I wont get in to, but the thing to know is that its done. This is the longest Ive ever been off the bike ever. 

Today I loaded the boys in the trailer and got the new bike out for its first official ride.  After a couple of quick stops to make some minor final tweaks it was an awesome feeling bike.  It felt stable.  There was no brake chatter from the fork/brake setup.  It took quite a bit of thunk out of the road for sure.  

Riding it with the boys and the trailer, as well as diaper bag and lunches, was quite the experience after a long hiatus.  It hurt.  We went downtown to visit the woman we all love to meet for lunch outside.  


I took the Sand Creek Trail west to the South Platte River Trail and then went south into town.  The Sand Creek Trail is such a nice ride.  There are very few people ever on it, and with the dirt sections, it was super nice to take the Colnago through them.  


I felt every bit of the weight Ive gained over the past few years, and especially the past few months.  It hurt.  By the time we got downtown, I think I was hitting about 10mph on the flats with that trailer trying to drag me backwards every foot we rode.

  

I decided to take the short way home as we'd just had lunch, and I was feeling like a ton of bricks under 2 tons of iron. I also didnt want to hurt anything, as I usually do because I feel like I can push myself more than I should.  Baby steps...thats the motto for the next couple of  months.  Starting from ground 0 sucks...its my fault.

View Downtown to Parkhill/Stapleton in a larger map


Here we go...

...boots out.

No comments:

Post a Comment