March 16, 2012

Day 75...Commuting

Worked at the shop...no big deal there.  Although did save a young woman, who's training for an Ironman, lots of headache by convincing her her bought off craigslist bike wasnt up to snuff for the training and racing.  After shock set in, she was stoked to look at a new bike.  Good stuff...

Getting ready to commute in for the first time in a loooooooooooonnnng time.  Google mapped the route via there "bicycling" option, and looks to be about a 2hr stint each way.  "JOY!", said the super outta shape cyclist who at one point weighed 155lbs and averaged 450w.  It is what it is and I get to suffer through every bit of agonizing blissful riding ache and pain.  Why not jump back in the water head first?!  Said I wouldnt do it, but I think thats the way I respond best...at least thats the trend.

This actually ties into some questions from #bikeschool last night.  Will explain later...keep in mind I aint right sometimes.

...boots out.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen some truly truly crappy bikes used in triathlons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yokata tell me about it! She's coming in tomorrow to get all set up on her new rig. Itll be hand over fist that much better than what she was on!

      Delete
  2. You're in for a long commute. Be careful.

    ReplyDelete