March 31, 2012

Day 91...It Hurts

Yes, Ive been riding my bike the past couple of weeks.  From "Zero" to "Hero" as someone said.  I stayed off the bike, completely for about 6mos...long story, wont explain at this point.  I told myself I would start riding to work more, mainly on the weekends cause the wife would be home with the boys.

Well, after another set of unfortunate events, ie the wife getting fired from her job, it wound up being that I could put more time in on the bike and commuting to work.  It works out pretty good for the most part.  I save us 40miles round trip everyday in gas money, and I get to throw myself back into riding again.  The only part that sucks is I dont see my boys as much.  I leave before they get up in the morning and get home just in time for bed.

Thats ok, cause next week, we're headed to Chi-town for a family trip that has been planned for some time now.  Ill be able to hang with them for a super long weekend.

This week my goal is to ride everyday to and from work.  That mileage should be around 200 or so.  Which from sitting on the couch to throwing that down right off the bat, Id say isnt but so bad.  The down side is my legs feel like hell, but I know my body and I know I respond best to completely destroying myself at times.

You can check out the mileage total for this work week on endomondo HERE.  Keep in mind my work weeks are Thursday thru Monday.  As of today im past half way to my goal.  Im really diggin that endomondo app so far.  Just wish I could do a really long ride with it, and not have to worry about the battery dying.  Android OS kinda sucks the life out of those things.

Anywho...

...boots out.

No comments:

Post a Comment