February 3, 2012

Day 34...#snOMG

Yes we got lots of snow.  No I dont have any pics to show you from the day.  I know, I know, lame.  I have bad luck with using my phone/camera any other time than when inside or outside standing in sunshine.  Ive dropped my phone across 3 lanes of traffic trying to take that "cool riding shot" so many out there seem to manage wonderfully.  There's the inevitable "toilet dunk" which has cost my wife a phone(my fault), and very thankful for the extra $7/mo we spend on insurance for the damn things.  Then there are the numerous "walk-n-drops" Im famous for.  So, when its remotely wet, sandy, snowy...etc, I err on the side of caution.  Now that being said, I think the wife got some video we'll post up on the YouTube acct for family and friends to watch.

The snow was pretty crazy at times, and I did have to shovel the driveway, and sidewalk, 3 times.  When we lived in Charlotte a couple years ago there were a couple of "big" storms that winter.  Big for Charlotte NC is like 3 inches.  The whole place shuts down and people go to the store for bread and milk, kinda like they do when a Hurricane rips through.  Somehow the hashtag for the snow storm of the decade was #snOMG and impressively it stuck around...and in my head.  I think its better than the #snowpocalypse one that Denver has used since the blizzards of 2006(yeah it was pretty bad that year).  Anywho...

Moving on to the Bike Front...anyone like SRAM Red?  Well, if youve been keeping track of it, there are some changes for next year's line.  Here's the YouTube video that followed the press release.  Home wrenches, if you have never done it, and youre going to try...good luck.  Guys like me, with private clients/teams...etc...hope you enjoy and that Im not just sending something out there that everyone has seen before.

Make sure you pay attention to the Front Derailleur setup.  Honestly, thats the only thing that is really new.  Its a pretty cool concept, and Im really interested in setting it up the first time.  It actually does have some Yaw!




...boots out.

No comments:

Post a Comment