February 10, 2012

Day 41...I Gots Sum Pix 2day

Ok, so yeah, no post this morning as the wife and I woke up late and had to get the kids up, get ready for work, get the kids ready and feed everyone in less than an hour!  Holy schnikies!  So it all went well  and everyone got where we needed to be at the appropriate time.

Work was great overall.  All our new Colnago's showed up.  Kirk and I got an Air built and an Ace built.  I got to pull out my new World Cup Cross frameset!  So super excited to build it up.  Did LOTS of gluing...again...and nothing new there.

The one hitch in the day was a Pinarello Paris build.  Everything went well until...  I measured all of the housing and got the rear derailleur cable run and routed through the internal routing via the downtube and did 3 test shifts then...SNAP CRACKLE POP!!!  Suddently the shifting went to shit and I cussed myself.  Thinking I missed something in the setup I retraced my steps and found that the internal housing stop on the downtube, the one that is made of aluminum and simply bonded to the inside of the frame via some sort of resin/adhesive, had broken free and dropped into the downtube.  BUMMER! After attempting to fish the stop out for about a half hour I decided to call it.  Its a brand new frame straight from the distributor so a phone call was made and replacement is on its way via 2 day air from NC.  So...all good in the hood.

Tomorrow its another day at the shop with more gluing in store and stripping the broken Paris down to ship the frame back.  Also doing a fit for a friend of mine on his new Cannondale EVO...see previous post.

The BB of the Paris with the lil grom just out of reach

These 2 guys got some new rubber today...all glued and ready for some TT fun

In case anyone wants my opinion..this is the only stuff that should go on your tubies

Here's the NEW RIDE! Cant wait to build it

We can thank Mr Nys and Mr Albert for those stripes

such a thing of beauty

not a great photo of the rear cable hanger integrated into the seatcollar

no doubts here

perfect place for your shoulder to go

Colnago Ace w/105 comes in right around $3000

Great graphics on every Colnago we see

No comments:

Post a Comment