February 20, 2012

Day 51...Kids, CX and Frites' Secret Weapon

Ok, Im sorry.  I saw through my "stats" that I was actually gaining some readers(thank you btw for using your valuable time to read my shtuff!) and over the course of last week, I managed to lose some of you do to my "Lame Week".  Thus is Life.  Ebbs and Flows for every aspect of it.  Afterall if we maintained consistency we'd either be a robot, or there'd be no need for motivation of any sort.  

My youngest heard the bike race on the computer yesterday and kept asking me, the way kids do non stop until they get what they want or we walk out of the room, to watch it while he ate breakfast.  So he sat there and watched a bunch of really fit dudes race their bikes really fast.

chillin with a bowl of cereal and some CX
he got a lil upset when the feed crapped out for a min...
So after a day of keeping the kids entertained while mom did an awesome job of doing our annual tax returns, I went down to The Wynkoop for the Frites En Mayo team meeting.  It was good to see friends and meet some new ones.  

These guys/gals are all about Cross, pure and simple.  They live for it and have fun all at the same time.  Their team has jumped in size more than 2 fold since last year, all by people who want to race cross and who have heard of the super friendly reputation of the team.  
\
As part of their "tongue n cheek" mentality towards the professional peloton, the "Team Pen" reflects that beautifully.  I think theyre awesome personally!

They also took orders for their summer specific kit.  Super clean and very nice lightweight fabric will be used on this setup.


Nothing like a lil "boost" on your next autograph!

the Frites Summer kit...very nice!
 All in all it was a great day.

...boots out.

No comments:

Post a Comment