January 8, 2012

Day 8...CXNats

Today was the last day of the "warm up" as I'm calling it, and by "it" i mean my goals/resolutions for this year.  Tomorrow I start actually doing some physical work, on top of the changing of the diet this past week.  Core work and some upper body workouts will be a daily occurrence from here on out.  I'm aiming for the mindset from back in my swimming days.  Yep, did that, year round for about 8 years in Jr High, High School and college.  Keeping basic strength training going on a daily basis was everything then.  So, i figured Id aim for that mindset and just suck it up and go for it.

Also today, the guys over at Frites En Mayo managed to procure a room upstairs in The Wynkoop Brewery for a viewing of Cyclocross Nationals.  I managed to get there for the Mens' race, and saw quite a few friends, as well as met some twitter "friends"(which is kinda weird when you actually do meet someone from online in person).  It was great and I hope they manage to do more stuff like that!  Next year, it'd be nice to actually be there, or at Masters Worlds/Elite Worlds in person!

That's it...putting the pregnant wife to bed, then I'm gonna enjoy my last few hours of being "pain free".  Boots out...

No comments:

Post a Comment